GOLDMAN MARKETING GROUP, Los Angeles, CA
Independent marketing consultant for multiple clients in almost every medical specialty, from dermatology, plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery, gastroenterology, otolaryngology and everything in between.
Marketing Consultant for Medical Practices
- Directing marketing and branding overhaul including logo, menu of services, on-hold phone message, pre-op and post-op patient materials, patient letters, custom waiting room DVD reel, before/after picture books, and entire website redesign
- Strategizing ways to increase gross income and develop non-doctor income, including marketing campaigns and events.
- Implementing process improvements including phone training, pricing policies and scheduling to regulate patient flow.
- Managing social media on all fronts including Facebook, Twitter, all doctor review websites, RealSelf, makemeheal, and more.
Marketing Consultant for Dermatology and Aesthetic Companies
- Improvements to the overall business model and developing strategies to generate more revenue
- Marketing development including logo, copywriting, product packaging, POP displays, sales presentations, product brochures, video reel, website, and managing all social media including blogger outreach, link exchange, SEO and more.
- Manage product launch in segments such as COSTCO, Krogers, COOP Pharmacies, and DrugStore.com
- Working with key luminaries and finding potential collaborations with complimentary companies.
- Develop sales execution strategy, marketing roll-out plan and follow through with implementation
JOURNAL OF DRUGS IN DERMATOLOGY, New York, NY
Medical education and marketing communications company
1. National Sales Manager / Journal of Drugs in Dermatology(JDD) – Peer-reviewed medical journal
- Directed all sales for the company, which included JDD print advertising, reprints, bulk and sponsored subscriptions, educational CME and marketing supplements, website advertising, international sponsorships, and digital edition sponsorship.
- Responsibilities included lead generation/follow-up, proposal/grant writing, overseeing all sales/marketing materials, contract negotiation, sales closure and coordinating with production, marketing and editorial, and attending 14+ conferences per year.
- Managed 250+ opportunities from a network of 1,000+ clients including pharmaceutical, device, cosmetic, and agencies.
- 2008 sales = $2,221,153 (250% increase over 2007 sales), 2009 sales = $2,409,850, 2010 sales = on pace $2,550,000 year end
2. Associate Editor – National Sales Manager / The Derm Directory – reference book of dermatology products
- Managed everything from 1st edition – 4th edition, including creating and refining the books concept, layout, content, graphic design, marketing literature, sales aids, advertisements, direct mail, conference promotions and sales strategy and execution
- Developed entire www.TheDermDirectory.com website including content, design, flow, and specs for programmers
- Sold $167k year 1, $250k year 2, $326k year 3, and $348k year 4
3. National Account Manager / Physicians Continuing Education Corporation (PCE)
- Conceptualized multidimensional learning programs; live symposia, enduring materials, multi-media programs for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and residents in Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, and non-core specialties.
- Tasks included research for educational needs, managing program faculty, program development, securing CME accreditation, grant writing, budget, sales closure, and post-program evaluation for reconciliation reports.
- Summarized program internally to coordinate with production, marketing, and editorial to ensure successful implementation.
DERMATOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, Boston, MA
Start-up pharmaceutical and medical device development company
Director of Marketing
- Completed product development for Restoral®, from initial concept, market research and ingredients testing, to developing logos, packaging, labels, patient guides, sales aids, tradeshow booth, website, and entire marketing campaign.
- Hired and managed graphic designer to create corporate DDC logo, business cards, letterhead, and marketing literature.
- Performed market research in Orange County to find a market niche and prepare for a national sales force
- Worked directly with manufacturers, private labeling companies, printing companies, regulatory advisors, lawyers, and editors.
DUSA PHARMACEUTICALS, Wilmington, MA
Pharmaceutical company marketing Levulan® Kerastick and BLU-U ® for the treatment of actinic keratosis and acne vulgaris
Sales Representative – Orange County, San Bernardino, and Hawaii
- Managed 150+ established accounts and generated new accounts with Derms, Plastic Surgeons, and emerging market MDs.
- Initiated and finalized negotiations to get Levulan on the Kaiser formulary in California and Hawaii
- Provided extensive clinical training and marketing support with doctors, PAs, and nurses, and at 20+ national conferences.
- Achieved #1 rep in sales for the Western Region for Q1, Q2, and Q3, with over $700,000 sales each quarter.
- Accomplished 100% sales increase in the first month, 150% to quota in Q3, and #1 rep for Levulan volume increase in 2006.
Marketing and Inside Sales Specialist
- Launched and managed device service contract program. National sales of $200,000+ in 4 months, 100% telecommunication.
- Created multi-ad product campaign, corporate advertisements and sales aids from graphic design through regulatory approval.
- Attended various conferences to analyze show performance and ROI, as well as provide strategic reports to marketing.
- Part of a customer service redesign project: developed brand new processes, training tools, and revision of all SOPs.
- Covered 3 open territories as ‘inside sales’ resulting in $330,000 in sales and 59% sales increases vs Q1 2005.
VECTOR MARKETING CORPORATION, Encinitas, CA
International direct sales firm that markets CUTCO® Cutlery
Senior Field Sales Manager
- Utilized referral leads to set up in-home appointments to present the products, answer objections, and complete the sale
- Attended 10+ national conferences, learning time-management skills, consumer psychology training, and negotiation techniques
- Achieved position as one of the top 25 sales reps in the country in 2000 (out of 10,000+ reps) – all while in high school!
- Overall personal sales volume of over $170,000 with a 93% closing rate and $485 average sale
- National Team Building Champion 2001, All-American Scholarship 2000, Academy of Champion 2001, Standard of Excellence 2000
EDUCATION AND PERSONAL
BOSTON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF COMMUNICATIONS, Boston MA
Bachelor of Science in Communications, concentration Advertising, minor Neuropsychology
- PC and Mac; MS Office, Adobe InDesign, iMovie, Keynote, WordTracker, HTML, Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce and Nextech
- Conversant in Spanish, Read and Write Hebrew
- Ambitious, resourceful, organized, responsible, friendly, multi-tasking, intellectual, outgoing, hard-working, patient and creative
- Excel in time management, teamwork, adaptability, steadiness under pressure, meeting deadlines and problem-solving
- Very strong communication skills and equally strong organizational skills
- World traveling with a focus on 3rd world countries, reading, science, gardening, home-improvement, tennis, playing the piano, chess, the beach, and my puppy named Charger
- Maui Derm Feb 2017, Maui Hawaii
- Virgin Derm Jan 2017, Virgin Islands
- Artas User Meeting Sept 2016, Barcelona, Spain
- Artas Dinner Symposium August 19, 2016, San Diego, CA
- Artas User Meeting April 2016, Phuket, Thailand
- Scale March 2016, 2 lectures, Nashville, TN
- New Derm Live Sept 2015, Hollywood, CA
- Scale March 2015, Nashville TN
- Maui Derm Jan 2015, Maui Hawaii
- NPPA Maui Derm Sept 2014, Boston MA
- Scale March 2014, Nashville TN
- ASCS March 2013, Las Vegas, NV